We are looking for someone exceptional to join our team and help with our exciting fundraising events – we have a great year ahead with both new and established events. This is a great opening to gain experience in Fundraising Events, to engage, inspire and motivate existing supporters, new supporters, volunteers and staff.
Responsibilities and duties
- Assist in event planning, delivery and follow up of all fundraising events, work to set budgets, monitoring expenditure and keeping accurate records.
- Research and negotiate most cost-effective options for all event operations.
- Use and update the database for all activity, maintaining records of all contacts and events.
- Find and contact potential participants and volunteers for events
- Support participants and volunteers involved in fundraising events, from initial enquiry to post-event stage.
- Work within a team to produce the relevant literature and marketing material. Ensure that appropriate literature, fundraising materials etc. are provided at events.
- Remain alert for opportunities to secure event sponsorship. Present a positive image of Pelican Cancer Foundation, and help to be the point of contact for all events.
- Undertake feasibility and risk assessments, to ensure that any Pelican Cancer Foundation liability in relation to a fundraising event is adequately covered.
- Attend all events for which you are involved, helping to coordinate activities, staff and volunteers on the day.
- Post-event evaluation including debriefing and feedback from participants and, if appropriate suggest improvements for future events.
- Build an understanding of Pelican Cancer Foundation including the requirements and priorities ensuring familiarity with key messages and campaigns, and their relevance to the work of the Fundraising Team.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of charity law affecting fundraising and events.
- Arrange/attend regular meetings with staff and volunteers to ensure that they are fully briefed on the type of activities and information required to make events successful.
- To help coordinate, administrate and participate in general fundraising activity
Qualifications and skills
Essential to have
- Empathy and understanding of the mission of Pelican Cancer Foundation
- Previous experience of fundraising and fundraising events
- Experience of managing own workload effectively and planning and organising work to meet deadlines
- Experience of working with budgets and managing income/expenditure
- Good communication skills; able to communicate clearly and assertively with people at all levels
- Write correspondence and promotional material in good clear English and to produce accurate work to a high standard at all times
- Keep thorough, accurate and up to date records and enter these into a database
- Able to work as part of a team
- Good IT skills – Demonstrable Knowledge of Microsoft Office software in particular, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and other databases
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Full driving licence and use of car for travel, with insurance for business use
- Experience of public speaking and presentations
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Educated to A-level or higher
- Marketing or fundraising qualification or equivalent experience desirable
- Full driving licence
- Experience of working within a fundraising environment
- Experience of working within a busy office environment
- Experience of working with volunteers
Attributes and abilities:
- Enjoy being a team player and work well with colleagues
- Communicate well with staff at all levels throughout the organisation
- Communicate well with an external audience including volunteers and supporters
- Proven ability to prioritise whilst working under pressure
- Use of own car
Temporary: providing maternity cover, 1 year contract to start ASAP
Closing date: 23 April 2018
Please send your CV and application letter to Sarah Crane at Pelican Cancer Foundation.