The role of the Research Review Panel is:
- Advising on the Pelican Cancer Foundation research priorities
- Developing and agreeing advertisements for proposals
- Reviewing and monitoring applications within areas of individual expertise
- Stimulating and encouraging work in areas of individual expertise
- Assisting and supporting the liaison with potential major donors
- Members may be asked to act as a spokesperson for the Pelican Cancer Foundation
A representative of the Review Panel and/or the Chair will be responsible for presenting details of grant applications, review comments and recommendations to the Board of Trustees.
The Pelican Cancer Foundation Review Panel will consist of up to 10 medically trained professionals including a maximum of two lay members, including the Chief Executive of PCF. A quorum will be four members but specialist advice must be received on all applications, therefore Panel meeting absentees may be requested to submit a review before the meeting.
Panel members are invited for an initial three year period, they may extend their membership by a further two years but will be requested to retire from the panel for at least two years.
Current membership of Pelican Cancer Foundation Research Review Panel
- Prof Cliff Shearman, Consultant Vascular Surgeon, Southampton (rtd)
- Mr Graham Branagan – Colorectal Surgeon, Salisbury Hospital
- Dr Alex Kirkham – Consultant Radiologist, UCLH
- Mr Alex Mirnezami – Colorectal Surgeon
- Dr Nehal Sha – Consultant Radiologist, HHFT
- Mr Jim Khan – Consultant Colorectal Surgeon, Portsmouth
- Mr Francesco Di Fabio – Consultant Colorectal Surgeon, HHFT